See details below, always read the label.
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
What this medicine is for
To relieve the symptoms of a chesty cough, catarrh and a blocked nose without causing drowsiness.
Adults and Children aged 6 years and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Check the seal is not broken before first use. If it is, do not take the medicine.
Adults and Children of 12 years and over: Take two 5ml spoonful 4 times a day.
Children of 6 to 11 years: Take one 5ml spoonful 3 times a day.
This medicine should be swallowed.
Do not give to children under 6 years.
Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose.
Do not give this medicine to a child for more than 5 days, unless their doctor tells you to.
If you are treating a child and their symptoms worsen at any time, talk to a pharmacist or doctor.
If a cough lasts for more than 5 days, or comes back, stop taking this medicine and talk to a pharmacist or doctor.
If symptoms do not go away, talk to your doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
Do not take:
- If you are allergic to other decongestants.
- If you have severe kidney problems
- If you have heart or blood vessel disease, including poor circulation in your hands or feet.
- If you have high blood pressure (including that due to a tumour near your kidney).
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have an overactive thyroid.
- If you have raised pressure in the eye (glaucoma).
- If you are taking any of these medicines: Monoamine oxidase inhibitors or moclobemide (for depression), or have taken them in the last 14 days; Medicines called beta-blockers (normally for heart problems); Other decongestants; Other medicines to stop you coughing.
- If you are a man with prostate problems
- If you are pregnant
- If you have a long-term cough or asthma (do not take this medicine if you are wheezing or if you are having an asthma attack).
- If you have other kidney problems (see 'Do not take').
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you have a fever, rash or constant headache.
Do not store above 30ºC.
Use by the date on the end flap of the carton.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride.
Active Ingredients: Each 5ml of oral solution contains Guaifenesin 100mg, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 30mg.
Also contains: liquid sugar (sucrose), carmoisine (E122).
If you need more advice ask your pharmacist.