Benylin Tickly Cough - 150ml
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Adults and children over 1 years.
Active ingredients: 0.75ml Glycerol
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 16 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
Benylin Tickly Cough Non-Drowsy is a soothing cough syrup which relieves irritating tickly, dry coughs and sore throats. Each 5ml of medicine contains 0.75ml of glycerol and 1.93ml liquid sugar.
- Glycerol & Liquid Sugar.
- Soothing effect.
- Relieves tickly, dry coughs.
Adults and children over the age of 1 year.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed information leaflet before use.
Check the information below to see how much medicine to take.
- For oral use only.
- Do not take more than the stated dose below.
Children 1-5 years: One 5ml spoonful.
Adults (including the elderly) and children over 5 years: Two 5ml spoonfuls.
- Give the dose 3 or 4 times within 24 hours, if needed.
- If symptoms persist, contact your doctor.
Hazards and Cautions
Before taking this medicine.
This product is suitable for most people, but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt you should contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Do not give this medicine to your child if s/he is under 1 year old.
Some of the ingredients can cause problems.
- This product contains 1.85g glucose and 1.95g sucrose in each 5ml, which may be harmful to the teeth. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before using this medicine. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes.
- Carbohydrate content of this medicine is 3.85g per 5ml.
- This product contains small amounts of ethanol (alcohol), less than 100mg per 5ml dose.
If you forget to give a dose: If you forget a dose, the the next dose when needed. Do not take a double dose.
Possible side-effects- This medicine is unlikely to cause side-effects unless you are allergic to the ingredients. If you experience any side-effects or you are not sure about anything, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
There are no special storage instructions for this medicine.
Retain carton for full instructions.
Do not use your medicine after the date shown as the expiry date on the packaging.
Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Glycerol 0.75ml and Liquid sugar 1.93ml
Active ingredients: Glycerol 0.75ml and Liquid sugar 1.93ml
Other ingredients: citric acid monohydrate, sodium benzoate (E211), cough syrup 513277 flavour (contains aniseed, liquorice, propylene glycol and ethanol), black treacle, liquid glucose and purified water.
What the medicine looks like:
Benylin Tickly Coughs Non Drowsy is a clear, dark brown liquid available in 125ml and 150ml bottles.
It contains 0.75ml of glycerol and 1.93ml liquid sugar, the active ingredients, in every 5ml of medicine.