Benylin Children's Dry Cough and Sore Throat Syrup 1+ Year 125ml
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
What this medicine is for
This medicine relieves irritating, dry coughs and sore throats.
What the medicine looks like: Benylin Children's Dry Cough & Sore Throat Syrup is a clear, purple liquid available in 125 ml bottles.
- For day & night use
- Contains spoon
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Before giving the medicine to your child
This product is suitable for most people, but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt contact your doctor or pharmacist.
How to use this medicine
Check the information below to see how much medicine to give.
- For oral use only.Do not give more medicine than the carton (and/or label) tells you to
Do not overfill the spoon. There is a double-ended spoon in the pack.
Check the cap seal is not broken before first use. If it is, do not take this medicine.
Children under 1 year
Do not give to children under 1 year old.
Children 1 year and over and Adults
|Age||Capsule per dose||Maximum capsule per day|
|Adults and children aged 14 years and older||2-3 capsules||9 Capsules|
|Children aged 6 to 14 years||1 Capsule||3 Capsules|
Give the dose 3 or 4 times within 24 hours, if needed
If your child does not feel better or starts to feel worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist
You can take this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment. Retain carton for full instructions.
Hazards and Cautions
Do not give your child this medicine:
- If s/he is under 1 year old.
- If s/he is allergic to any of the ingredients.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- If your child has an intolerance to some sugars.
- If this applies to your child now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
- This product contains 2.15 g sucrose and 1.7 g sucrose in each 5 ml, which may be harmful to the teeth. If you have been told by your doctor that your child has an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before using this medicine. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes.
If anyone has taken too much
- If anyone has taken too much of this product, contact a doctor or your nearest Accident & Emergency department (Casualty), taking this pack with you.
- If you forget to give the medicine
- If you forget a dose, give the next dose when needed.
- Do not give a double dose.
This medicine is unlikely to cause side-effects unless your child is allergic to the ingredients. If your child experiences any of the following, stop giving the medicine and seek immediate medical help: See a doctor at once:
- Unexplained wheezing or difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat (severe allergic reactions).
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
Glycerin and Sucrose
Active Ingredients: Each 5 ml of Medicine are: Glycerin 0.75 ml and Sucrose 1.7g
Also contains: Citric Acid Monohydrate, Sodium Benzoate (E211), Anthocyanin, Blackcurrant Flavour, Blackcurrant Juice, Liquid Glucose and Purified Water