Andrews Original Salts 250g
See details below, always read the label
Suitable for: Children & adults over 3 years of age.
Active ingredients: Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate 22.6% w/w
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
Collect 20 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Original Andrew Salts quickly and effectively relieve:
- Upset Stomach
- Excess Acid
- Symptoms of over-indulgence
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
Children & adults over 3 years of age.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before using this product.
Check before you take this medicine if you need a laxative dose every day or you have persistent abdominal pain (tummy ache).
For upset stomach, indigestion and over-indulgence: Measure one level 5ml spoonful into a glass of water and drink. Take as needed, up to maximum of 4 times a day.
For constipation: Measure two level 5ml spoonfuls into a glass of water and drink. Take before breakfast or at bedtime.
Children over 3 years: Use half the adult dose. Not suitable for children under 3 years.
Close the lid after use.
If you take too much, you get diarrhoea. If this happens, reduce the dose and the effect should go away.
Hazards and Cautions
Before you take this product:
Check before you take Original Andrews Salts. Ask your doctor or pharmacist
- if you are taking any prescribed medicines; particularly tetracycline antibiotics (e.g. minocycline)
- if you are pregnant
- if you are on a controlled sodium diet. Each 5ml spoonful contains 319.g of sodium.
- if you have high blood pressure, heart or kidney disease - and avoid frequent use.
- if you need a laxative dose every day or you have persistent abdominal pain (tummy ache)
- if symptoms persist
- if you experience any unwanted effects.
Use within 3 months of opening.
Check the inner seal is intact before use.
Contents sold by weight and may settle after packaging.
Store below 25°C and way from strong odours.
Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Magnesium Sulphate 17.4%, Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate 22.6%, Citric Acid 19.5%
Active Ingredients: Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate 22.6% w/w, Citric Acid 19.5% w/w and Magnesium Sulphate 17.4% w/w.
Also contains: 21g of Sucrose per 5ml spoonful.