Weight Loss aid.
alli is a non-prescription weight loss aid for adults with a BMI of 28 or above who are overweight, want to lose weight, and will commit to healthier eating.See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 196 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the person it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
What is alli and what it is used for:
alli is used for weight loss alongside reduced calorie, lower-fat meals in overweight adults (with a BMI of 28 or above), aged 18 or over.
alli is clinically proven to help you lose more weight than dieting alone. The capsule works only in your digestive system to stop about a quarter of the fat in your meals being absorbed. This fat passes out of your body and may cause changes to your bowel movements. Eat lower-fat meals to help manage these effects.
Being overweight increases your risk of developing several serious health problems such as diabetes and heart disease. You should see your doctor for a check-up.
Suitable for adults aged 18 years and over with a BMI of 28 or above who will commit to a reduced calorie, lower-fat diet.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
alli should be used along with a reduced calorie, lower-fat diet. Try to start this diet before beginning treatment.
- Oral use
- Take one capsule whole with water, three times a day with each meal containing fat
- Do not take more than three capsules a day
- You should not take alli for more than 6 months
- You should take a multivitamin every day. alli can lower the levels of some vitamins absorbed by your body. The multivitamins should contain vitamins A, D, E and K.
- You should take the multivitamin at bedtime, then you will not be taking alli, to help ensure that the vitamins are absorbed.
Hazards and Cautions
Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Before you take alli
Do not take alli:
- if you are under 18 years of age
- if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- if you are taking ciclosporin
- if you are taking warfarin or any other medicines used to thin the blood
- if you are allergic to orlistat or any of the ingredients
- if you have cholestatis (a condition where the flow of bile from the liver is blocked)
- if you have problems absorbing food (chronic malabsorbtion syndrome)
- if you are taking aminodarone for heart rhythm problems
- if you are taking medicine for diabetes
- if you are taking medicine for epilepsy
- if you have kidney disease
- if you are taking a thyroid medicine (levothyroxine)
- if you are taking medicine for HIV
- if you are taking a medicine for high blood pressure
- if you are taking a medicine for high cholesterol
Do not store above 25°C.
Keep the container tightly closed in order to protect from moisture.
Medicinal product not subject to prescription.
To see if your BMI is 28 or above, find your height on the chart. If you wiegh less that the weight shown for your height, your BMI is below 28 -do not use alli.
|1.50m||63kg||4' 10''||9st 8lbs|
|1.55m||67.25kg||5' 0''||10st 3lbs|
|1.60m||71.75kg||5' 2''||10st 13lbs|
|1.65m||76.25kg||5' 4''||11st 9lbs|
|1.70m||81kg||5' 6''||12st 5lbs|
|1.75m||85.75kg||5' 8''||13st 2lbs|
|1.80m||90.75kg||5' 10''||13st 13lbs|
|1.85m||95.75kg||6' 0''||14st 10lbs|
|1.90m||101kg||6' 2''||15st 8lbs|
Active ingredients: 60mg orlistat.
microcrystalline cellulose (E460), sodium starch glycolate, povidone, (E1201), sodium laurilsulfate, talc, gelatin, indigo carmine (E132), titanium dioxide (E171), sodium laurilsulfate, sorbitan monolaurate, black ink (shellac, iron oxide black (E172), propylene glycol), gelatin, polysorbate 80, indigo carmine (E132).