See details below, always read the label
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 80 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
This Medicine is sold by BOOTS UK LIMITED at the professional discretion of a Boots pharmacist.
Unfortunately, next day home delivery is unavailable for this product.
Please note that you must be in to sign for this delivery.
We need to ensure that this medicine is suitable for the animal it is intended for. Therefore a Boots pharmacist may be required to contact you by phone to find out some additional information. If they are unable to speak to you when required your order may be delayed or the pharmacy medicine part of your order cancelled.
Please ensure your contact details are correct before ordering this medicine.
40 mg Spot-On Solution for Small Cats, Small Dogs & Pet Rabbits less than 4 kg.
Flea prevention and treatment for cats and dogs less than 4 kg, treatment of fleas on pet rabbits and treatment of biting lice (Tricodectes canis) on dogs.
Spot-on solution for topical application.
This pack comprises 4 tubes, each containing 40 mg imidacloprid per 0.4 ml tube.
Small Cats, Small Dogs & Pet Rabbits less than 4 kg.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
IMPORTANT: USE CORRECTLY TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PET AND YOUR HEALTH.
One tube should be applied to cats and dogs weighing less than 4 kg (equivalent to a minimum dose of 10 mg/kg imidacloprid) and to pet rabbits. This dose will provide protection against flea infestation for 4 weeks on the dog, 3–4 weeks on the cat and up to 1 week on the rabbit. The product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) in cats and dogs, where this has been previously diagnosed by a veterinary surgeon.
Hazards and Cautions
Contra-indications, warnings etc.:
1. Do not use in rabbits intended for human consumption.
2. Do not use this product on cats and dogs weighing 4 kg or over.
3. Do not treat unweaned kittens and puppies of less than 8 weeks of age or rabbits less than 10 weeks of age.
4. Do not allow recently treated animals to groom each other.
5. Care should be taken to avoid the contents of the tube coming into contact with the eyes or mouth of the recipient animal.
6. Do not use in animals that are known to be hypersensitive to the active substance or any of the excipients
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
FOR ANIMAL TREATMENT ONLY
1. This product contains benzyl alcohol and may cause skin sensitisation or transient skin reactions (for example irritation, tingling).
2. Avoid contact between the product and skin, eyes or mouth.
3. Do not eat, drink or smoke during application.
4. Wash off any skin contamination with soap and water.
5. If the product gets into eyes accidentally, the eyes should be thoroughly flushed with water.
6. If skin or eye irritation persists, obtain medical attention.
7. If the product is accidentally swallowed, obtain medical attention immediately.
8. Wash hands thoroughly after use.
9. After application, do not stroke or groom animals until application site is dry.
1. Keep out of reach of children.
2. Store away from food, drink or animal feeding stuffs.
3. Keep container in outer carton.
4. Do not use after expiry date. Dispose of used packaging in the household refuse. Unused product should be returned to the veterinary surgeon.
5. Re-infestation from emergence of new fleas in the environment may continue for 6 weeks or longer after treatment. To aid reduction in environmental challenge, the additional use of a suitable environmental treatment against adult fleas and their developing stages is recommended. In order to reduce further the environmental challenge, it is recommended that all cats, dogs and rabbits in the household are treated.
6. The product remains effective if the animal becomes wet, for example after exposure to heavy rain or after swimming (dogs). However, retreatment may become necessary, depending on the presence of fleas in the environment. In these cases do not treat more frequently than once weekly.
7. In case of biting lice infection in dogs, a veterinary examination 30 days after treatment is recommended as some animals may require a second treatment.
8. Poisoning following inadvertent oral uptake in animals is unlikely. In this event, treatment should be symptomatic under veterinary medical attention. There is no known specific antidote but administration of activated charcoal may be beneficial.
9. The solvent in Advantage® may mark certain materials including leather, fabrics, plastics and finished surfaces. Allow application site to dry before permitting contact with such materials.
- This is a medicine; consult your vet if your pet has an underlying medical condition, is on any other medication or if symptoms persist.
- Check product information carefully before using if your pet is pregnant or lactating and seek advice if they suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Active ingredient: Imidacloprid 100 mg/ml